Forward-thinking service providers are seeking to capitalize on the advantages of voice over IP (VoIP) services, but the real world is not a friendly place for VoIP networks. All components of a VoIP infrastructure are targets, even from internal threats. Attempted attacks are inevitable, so protections are imperative. Yet delay-sensitive voice traffic cannot be compromised by processing-intensive security measures.
Special considerations for VoIP environments include, amongst others:
- VoIP spam
- Message manipulation
- Service disruption
- User impersonation
- Unauthorized access
Fortunately, there are pragmatic and proven answers to all these challenges. Security mechanisms can be implemented into service provider VoIP networks at multiple levels—protecting against these cyber-threats without adding undue latency to delay-sensitive voice traffic or complexity to user login procedures, network architecture, or network administration.
Intertek EWA-Canada has been conducting Vulnerability Assessment (VA) activities at client sites for many years. Increasingly these environments include converged data and telephony equipment. In addition, Telecom vendors are looking at securing their VoIP implementations. Intertek EWA-Canada’s position as a high-quality provider of assessment services, coupled with our VoIP Security Assessment methodology, provides for a consistent manner in which to identify vulnerabilities in VoIP implementations while being cost effective.
- Cybersecurity Awareness Training Fact Sheet
- Common Criteria Certification Process Fact Sheet
- FIPS 140-3 Process and Service Offerings Fact Sheet
- 5G Technology Assurance Solution Fact Sheet
- Cyber Security Risk in a Mass Remote Working Environment Webinar
- Intertek Cyber Assured Fact Sheet
- Consumer Product Focused Cyber Security Test and Certification Program
- PCI PIN Transaction Security (PTS) Cyber Security Fact Sheet
- Cyber Security Assurance Overview
- ANSI/UL 2900 Cyber Security Assessments Fact Sheet
- Software Assurance Overview
- Network Certification Guides
- Guide to PTCRB Certification
- Guide to Verizon ODI Process