Material Properties Performance
Measure the performance of your building product components and materials
Understand how changes can affect functionality and determine modifications for improved product design or material selection. With capability for over 1,700 test methods, you can get your products to market faster with our help.
Our state-of-the-art, environmentally controlled materials laboratory can provide you with data specific to material properties, such as strength and stiffness, appearance, color and reflectance, physical performance, and durability.
Why conduct material properties performance testing?
Codes or Specifications
Prove your products or materials meet the minimum building code requirements.
Diagnose problems encountered during construction or service life due to lack of compatibility, durability, or failures.
Research & Development
Evaluate the effects that a change in supplier, formulation, or manufacturing process may have on your finished product.
Qualify your product for an Intertek certification and other industry-recognized certification programs.
Which types of products benefit from testing?
- Deck / Fencing / Rail
- Finishes / Sealants / Coatings
- Glass / Glazing
- Water-Resistive Barriers (WRB)
- Instron Universal Testers
- Impact Testers (Drop Dart & Pendulum)
- Corrosion Chamber (Salt Fog & Cyclic Corrosion)
- Thermal Conditioning Ovens and Freezers
- Freeze-Thaw Cyclers
- Forney Concrete Compression Machine
- Small Scale Fire Test Burners & Smoke Chambers
- ESPEC Environmental Chambers
- Gloss Meters & Coating Thickness Gauges
- Slip Resistance Devices (British Pendulum, VIT, Sled, Dynamometer)
- Service Abrasion Testers
- Xenon Arc Weatherometers
- Fluorescent UV Lamps
- Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) Spectrometer
- Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA) System