Construction Materials Testing & Engineering
Ensuring compliance to project specifications
The verification of your construction materials on a job site are essential for compliance to the project’s specifications, the local and national building code, and also to ensure the safety and success of structure being built. You need a partner who can offer construction materials testing that provides you precise planning, careful design, and rigorous execution so the rigid specifications, demanding schedules, and exacting budgets are met. Intertek is that partner.
We have the expertise to provide you the assurance you need for accurate and reliable test results while providing with the proper quality control for the testing of your construction materials.
With a storied history going back to over a century ago when we tested the original cables for the Brooklyn Bridge, and then again its replacement cables, we are a trusted partner for projects large and small from commercial to industrial to government public works projects. Providing services on a continuous or intermittent frequency our mobile facilities make it convenient for you by bringing the lab to the job site. We perform more types of materials testing than any other independent commercial laboratory and we can design specialized tests to meet the unique needs of your project.
- Asphalt batch plant and pavement construction inspection
- Complete laboratory testing of soil, concrete, asphalt and other construction materials
- Concrete batch plant inspection
- Concrete strength testing, concrete mix designs, and in-place strength investigations
- Curtain wall and waterproofing inspection and testing
- Field inspection and quality control of masonry construction
- Fireproofing testing
- Foundation construction observations / inspections
- Inspection of concrete placement and concrete curing
- Mortar, grout, block and brick testing
- Nondestructive examination (NDE)
- Plant inspection for pre-manufactured products
- Post-tensioning and reinforcing steel inspection
- Soil compaction testing and inspection
- Steel fabrication inspection and erection and fastener inspection
- Weld inspection and testing