Geotechnical Engineering & Drilling Services
Geotechnical Engineering Services to support the most fundamental aspect of every project
One of the most fundamental elements of every development project is the need to identify a site's subsurface characteristics and composition of the site's soil and rock. Geotechnical assessments are used to collect and analyze data to better understand subsurface conditions. Understanding a project's design, intended use, and how these subsurface materials interact, allows us to determine potential engineering constraints, identify safety hazards, and mitigate their impact on construction cost and schedule. These assessments ensure project success by providing this valuable information during the pre-planning stage of projects and by optimizing engineering solutions throughout construction.
Our geotechnical services include subsurface investigations, foundation design and analysis, laboratory testing, and engineering studies and analysis. Through these services, we assist owners and contractors in identifying geohazards, and determining the safest, most resilient, and affordable earthwork and foundation solutions.
Intertek-PSI’s national footprint, expertise and experience provides our clients confidence in knowing that they will receive accurate, detailed, and timely information from an engineering team familiar with the local terrain and regulations and a company with the ability to meet fast-tracked deadlines and the demand of major projects.
Intertek's Geotechnical Engineering Services:
- Subsurface Investigation & Exploration
- Foundation Design & Analysis
- Geotechnical Laboratory Testing
- Geotechnical Engineering Surveys, Studies & Analysis
What is Geotechnical Engineering?
Geotechnical engineering is a branch of civil engineering that focuses on understanding the physical and mechanical properties of soil and rock, and their interaction with the forces of engineered structures above ground.
Geotechnical engineers analyze the stability of natural and constructed slopes and structures and investigate soil and rock conditions through drilling, sampling, and testing. Some common applications of geotechnical engineering include the design of foundations, slopes and embankments, retaining walls and tunnels.
Why is Geotechnical Engineering Important?
The subsurface characteristics of a site can significantly impact the design and performance of engineered structures and without proper geotechnical engineering pose the risk of catastrophic consequences by structural failure. Geotechnical engineers play a key role in developing and implementing specialized design and construction solutions to mitigate potential risks and ensure the safety, stability, and durability of the built environment.
Need help or have a question?
Building & Construction Geotechnical Engineering Services
- Comprehensive Acoustical Testing Brochure
- Remote Pre Inspections for NFPA 80 / 101
- Protek - Safety. Everywhere. Every Day
- The Acoustic Webinar Series
- Fire Doors 101: Your Guide to Testing and Certification - Webinar Recording
- Tornado Testing & Certification Requirements - Webinar Recording
- Plumbing Products Testing & Certification - Webinar Recording
- The Evolving Code Evaluation Process White Paper
- Proposition 65 & the Furniture Industry Webinar Recording
- Why Planning for FCC Certification is Key to Success in the Door Hardware Industry White Paper
Upcoming Tradeshows & Events
- NFPA 285 - 2023 Edition: An Overview of the Changes
Thursday, March 23, 2023
- CAN/ULC S134: Combustible Components in Non-Combustible Construction
Tuesday, March 28, 2023
- Fenestration – Canada: NAFS Testing, Certification, and Path to ENERGY STAR
Wednesday March 29, 2023
- Declaring and Use of Sustainable Materials for Eco-Friendly Buildings - PART TWO
Thursday, April 06, 2023
- PSI Cleveland Happy Hour Event
Thursday, April 26, 2023
- Search and Buy Building & Construction Standards
- Building Products Directory
- Project Connect (formerly myATI) – B&C Products
- Construction Hive – B&C Projects (PSIQest)
- My TestCentral