Chemicals Safety Assurance Solutions
Helping the industrial, consumer, and agricultural chemicals industries ensure product safety and the safety of human health and the environment.
Chemicals exist in products we use every day and are essential to our economy and our communities. While they provide many benefits, they can also have harmful health and environmental effects if not properly managed or produced.
It is important to ensure that chemicals are produced in compliance with applicable government regulations on health, safety, and the environment. Health and environmental hazards need to be identified and assessed at every step of the global supply chain.
For all phases of your chemical products' life cycle, our global network of scientists and regulatory and toxicological experts have the knowledge and experience to help you comply with new and existing safety requirements while managing risk, maintaining product integrity, meeting sustainability and environmental goals, and getting to market quickly and responsibly.
Our service offerings are based on our extensive global regulatory knowledge and decades of practical experience dealing with chemicals law. We support clients with:
Product Safety and Hazard Communication
- Preparation of new and updated SDS in compliance with Global Hazcom Regulations, including REACH Regulation EC 1907/2006, WHMIS, US Hazcom 2012
- Classification of substances and/or products to determine the need for labelling
- Identification of gaps and required changes, and implementation of changes
- Translation into alternative languages
- Trade secret support for confidentiality claims
- Consumer chemical product classification and labelling, and supporting document development
Toxicology and Registration Services
- QSAR modeling (structure activity relationships) for human safety and environmental effects
- Environmental exposure modelling and assessments
- Registration under REACH or assessment in HPV programs
- Profiling for hazard classification of chemicals
- Protocol development and preparation of reports to meet international regulatory standards
- Design and optimization of toxicity and ecotoxicity studies
- Pesticide and biocide registrations
- Global existing substance risk-management support, including U.S. TSCA and Canadian CMP