Canadian Cosmetics Regulations Compliance Services
Helping cosmetic companies comply with Canada’s cosmetic ingredient, notification, claim substantiation, and product labelling regulatory requirements
In Canada, cosmetic products are defined as "any substance or mixture of substances, manufactured, sold or represented for use in cleansing, improving or altering the complexion, skin, hair or teeth and includes deodorants and perfumes."
A cosmetic product, its ingredients, claims, and labelling must all comply with the Canadian Food and Drugs Act and its Cosmetic Regulations.
As per the regulations, cosmetic notification is a mandatory requirement for the sale of cosmetics in Canada. A completed Cosmetic Notification Form must be submitted to Health Canada within the first 10 days of the sale of any cosmetic product. Following notification, Health Canada may request that evidence of the safety of a product also be submitted.
In addition to the Canadian Cosmetic Regulations, considerations must be made for the Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA), the New Substances Notification (NSN) Regulations, and the Consumer Packaging and Labelling Act and Regulations in order to ensure regulatory compliance prior to the marketing of a cosmetic in Canada.
Canadian Cosmetic Regulations
Intertek has a wealth of experience and readily available experts who can deliver the following services:
- Regulatory Compliance Support
- Regulatory Strategic Planning and Consulting
- Compliance with the Cosmetic Ingredient Hotlist
- Safety Assessments
- Toxicological Risk Assessments (TRAs)
- Design/Placement or Waiving of Required Non-Clinical Studies
- Clinical Studies for Claim Substantiation
- Design, placement, and monitoring
- Review of clinical and scientific data to support claim substantiation
- Product Labelling Review and Support
- Cosmetic Notification Form Preparation
- NSN Dossier Preparation
- Administrative/Regulatory Support
- Dossier Submission and Stewardship
Need help or have a question?
- +86 10 5657 6600
- +33 (0)2 78 94 01 78
- +44 1252 392 464
- +81 3 5643 8633