Cosmetic Labeling Review
Most countries have specific labeling and marking requirements for cosmetic products.
Common information required for product labeling includes:
- Statement of Identity
- Instructions for Use
- Ingredient List
- Name and Address of Manufacturer / Importer / Representative
- Net Content
- Lot Number / Batch Code
- Warning Statements
- Expiration Date
- Language Requirement
Notably, most of the information (other than the ingredient list) is required for both the outer packaging and inner container.
Intertek also offers exclusive healthcare and beauty product research and development solutions, production and supply chain strategies and analytical measurement and testing capabilities to ensure the utmost quality and safety of your cosmetics, toiletries, Over-the-Counter (OTC) drugs, therapeutic goods, and other products.
Analytical measurement and testing can include a variety of services including:
- Ingredient list verification
- Chemical substance analysis
- Contamination or residue analysis
- Harmful substances analysis
- Raw material analysis
- Both quantitative and qualitative measurements
- Measurement consulting to optimize the testing to your process
Need help or have a question?