Beauty and Personal Care Research and Development Solutions
We understand that your products need to meet high standards while achieving progress to market quickly and cost effectively.
Our broad cosmetic development support expertise supports your research and development, marketing, licensing and distribution of products through services which enable strict control and evaluation of safety, efficacy and acceptability including:
- Consumer Healthcare Trials
- Global Regulatory Compliance for Cosmetic Products
- Toxicological Risk Assessment
- Cosmetics Testing
- Cosmetics Prohibited or Restricted Ingredients Testing
- Cosmetics Allergen Screening Testing for 57 Potential Allergens by GC-MS/MS
Consumer Healthcare Trials
Intertek is a leading supplier of consumer healthcare trials, which include tests for safety, efficacy and claim support. We offer access to a large, characterised, volunteer database and a diverse network of investigators including Dermatologists, GPs, Biochemists and Statisticians. Safety testing expertise includes patch testing, sensitisation, in-use tolerance and photo-safety. Our efficacy and claim support expertise covers skin care, hair and scalp care, SPF and water resistance and specialist in vitro testing for oral care products,
Toxicological Risk Assessment
Most of the international regulations (EU, USA, Japan, China, Russia...) cover all aspects of cosmetic safety, ranging from human health and safety assessments to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), packaging and labeling.
The EU regulations on the safety of cosmetics (Directive 76/768/EEC) apply to all cosmetic products manufactured within or imported into the EU. Intertek services include:
- Design and interpretation of human studies
- Safety assessment of cosmetic products
- Advice on ingredients listing and labeling
- Advice on the legal status of ingredients
- Management of regulatory affairs and product safety
- Assessment of consumer complaints
- Quality Management and GMP
- Training on legislation and cosmetic science
Need help or have a question?