EU Toy Safety Directive Knowledge Management Training
The EU Toy Safety Directive (2009/48/EC) took effect in July 2011. This Directive is complex, even for the most seasoned regulatory and quality assurance expert.
Safety and conformity assessment requirements, chemical requirements, technical documentation requirements and many other provisions of the EU Toy Directive all provoke significant questions and present potential pitfalls to manufacturers, importers, private labelers, distributors and retailers of children’s products.
Intertek is your partner in navigating the uncharted waters of the EU Toy Safety. Tailor-made classroom or on-site factory trainings can be organized based on your needs and position in the supply chain. For a one-day EU Toy Safety Directive awareness training, the following topics will be covered:
EU Toy Safety Directive requirements:
- Overview of the Directive and changes
- Key requirements of the Directive
- Understanding the obligations of your role
- Preparation and management of required documentation
- Proper format of Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and Declaration of Conformity (DoC)
Conformity Assessment Procedures:
- In-process control and process/material change management
- EC type examination by EU Notified bodies
a. Hazard identification in regards to chemical, physical, mechanical, electrical, flammability, hygiene and radioactivity
b. Potential exposure estimation
c. Document preparation and management such as chemical safety assessments