Film and Flexible Packaging Materials Characterization
Film and flexible polymer packaging material science and characterizationIntertek customers see the benefits of our expertise in testing film and polymer packaging; understand physical and mechanical properties, gain a greater understanding of barrier properties.
Assess the ability of film and packaging materials to withstand wear, pressure and damage.
Better understand adsorption, dissolution, diffusion, and desorption of materials to maximize preservation effect and prolong storage periods of your products
- Oxygen Transmission Rate, OTR (ASTM D3985, ISO 15105-2)
- Water Vapor Transmission Rate, WVTR (ASTM F1249, ISO 15106-2)
- Water Vapor Transmission - cup method (ASTM E96)
Package Integrity & Seal Strength
Evaluate the optimum combination between seal time and seal quality in relation to production time of packages.
- Seal Integrity (ASTM F1929)
- Package Burst/Creep (ASTM F1140)
Need help or have a question?