Chemical analysis of packaging materials: ensuring safety and compliance
In today's global market, the importance of ensuring the safety and compliance of packaging materials cannot be overstated. Consumers and regulatory bodies demand packaging that not only protects the product but also guarantees the absence of harmful chemicals or substances that could potentially pose health risks. This is where chemical testing of packaging materials becomes paramount.
Intertek: Pioneers in Packaging Chemical Testing
Intertek, a leading global quality assurance provider, operates state-of-the-art chemical testing laboratories that specialize in the analysis of packaging and packaging materials. Our dedicated team of scientists and packaging experts collaborate with clients to optimize products, solve problems, analyze toxic components, investigate contamination, address regulatory compliance, and enhance food safety.
Comprehensive Packaging Material Analysis
Our material analysis capabilities encompass a diverse range of techniques and instrumentation. We conduct in-depth testing on all components used in packaging and packaging materials, such as paper, foams, films, various polymers, glues, paints, coatings, and metals. Our goal is to identify and isolate trace contamination, odors, coatings, and other critical factors in both package materials and final products.
Key Areas of Packaging Material Chemical Analysis:
- Contamination Analysis: Identification of contamination and inclusions within packaging materials.
- Chemical Trace Analysis: Detection and measurement of trace metals present in the materials.
- Trace Metals Analysis: Detection and measurement of trace metals present in the materials.
- Extractables and Leachables: Analysis of substances that can be extracted or leached from packaging materials.
- Materials Analysis: Understanding the composition and properties of packaging materials.
- Additives Analyses: Examination of additives used in polymers and plastics.
- Materials Characterization
- Formulation and Deformulation: Understanding the formulation of materials and reverse engineering for improvement.
- Polymers and Plastics Testing
- Potential Toxics in Packaging: Analysis of potential toxic components in packaging materials, including phthalates and Bisphenol-A.
- REACH Compliance: Ensuring compliance with REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization, and Restriction of Chemicals) regulations.
- Phthalates Analysis
- Bisphenol-A Detection Testing and Analysis
- Due Diligence and Conformance Assessment
Testing for Potential Harmful Substances and Toxic Metals
Intertek's cutting-edge laboratories are equipped to detect and measure toxins and toxic metals, such as cadmium, hexavalent chromium, lead, mercury, and phthalates, in various components of packaging materials. The analysis includes an array of techniques like ICP-OES, ICP-MS, LC-MS-MS, GC/MS, TD-GC-MS, XRF, and others, ensuring precise results at trace levels.
Collaborate with Intertek for Safe Packaging Solutions
Intertek offers global-scale analytical testing services for packaging materials, providing invaluable insights into the safety and compliance of packaging products. To ensure your packaging meets the highest safety standards, contact Intertek for detailed information on toxins analysis of packaging products and materials.