Industrial Hygiene Services
Minimize the impact to people, development, or facility with Industrial Hygiene and indoor air quality testing and inspection solutions
The health and safety of your people—from employees, to patrons, to families—is paramount in a business or residential setting. Exposure to certain hazards can put people at undo risk causing injury, illness, or have a negative effect on their overall well-being.
Industrial Hygiene Services for the Health Care Industry
View our Fact Sheet
What is Industrial Hygiene?
Industrial Hygiene is the science devoted to the anticipation, recognition, evaluation and communication of environmental factors or stresses arising in or around the workplace which may result in injury, sickness, impairment, or otherwise affecting the wellbeing or discomfort of workers and community members. Industrial hygiene helps identify, evaluate, and control potential or real workplace environmental hazards or stressors.
Why is Industrial Hygiene Important?
If you buy, sell, develop, or manage real estate it is not uncommon for asbestos, lead-based paint, air quality, or mold issues to be uncovered. At Intertek, accredited and licensed Industrial Hygiene (IH) and Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) personnel are equipped to identify, evaluate, prioritize, and design solutions for a variety of industrial hygiene and indoor air quality issues. Our services include asbestos testing, lead-based paint (LBP), indoor air quality , and mold consulting, testing, and analysis, are largely related to human health issues associated with the indoor environment.
For over 30 years, Intertek has been performing industrial hygiene and indoor air quality inspections, testing, and analytical services. Our professionals have the expertise to manage any industrial hygiene and indoor air quality project from initial surveys through certification of completion. These services help minimize an issue’s potential impact to your people, development, or facility.
Intertek's Industrial Hygiene Services:
- Initial Area Assessments and Consulting
- Cleaning and Disinfection Protocol Preparation and Review
- Contractor Identification or Subcontracting
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Process Oversight
- Post-Cleaning Verification Assessment
- Initial and Periodic Cleaning Certifications
- Abatement Design
- Abatement Oversight & Monitoring
- AIHA-LAP, LLC Accredited Lab – PCM
- AIHA-Registry Programs-AAR On site PCM Analysis
- Analytical Services
- Asbestos Management and O&M Plans
- Exposure monitoring
- NIST-NVLAP Accredited Lab – PLM & TEM
- Renovation/demolition, property transactions, AHERA 3 Year Re-inspections
- Baseline and Sick Building Syndrome (SBS) Surveys
- Construction IAQ Management Plans
- LEEDTM Green Building
- Legionella Screening
- Microbiological Testing and Analytical Services (AIHA-LAP, LLC (EMLAP) Accredited Lab)
- Moisture Assessments
- Mold Prevention and Remediation Plans
- Post-construction IAQ Sampling
OSHA Personnel Exposure Monitoring
- Dust/Particulates, Metals, Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), Silica, Hexavalent chromium (CrVI), Noise Surveys, Radon Testing, Drinking Water Testing, and more
Lead-based paint (LBP)
- Abatement Design
- Abatement Oversight and Monitoring
- Analytical Services (AIHA-LAP, LLC (ELLAP) Accredited lab)
- Inspections & Risk Assessments
- LBP Management Plans
- XRF Field Testing