Metallurgy Laboratory Capabilities
Metallurgy lab testing, measurement and evaluation.
Intertek Total Quality Assurance metallurgy laboratories work with clients in a wide range of industries, on a global basis.
State-of-the-art metallurgy laboratories provide:
- Corrosion Testing
- Ferrography Testing
- Scanning Electron Microscopes: ESEM-FEG (EDXA of metallic and non-metallic materials)
- 3-D Optical measurement and inspection, 3-D Images and Profiles:
- Examination of Surface Breaking Defects, Surface Finish, Roughness Measurement, General Topography, etc. on a diverse range of samples including surface replication samples
- The optical 3-D measurement device allows robust and highly accurate 3-D measurements of micro- and nano structures up to 20nm z-resolution
- Highly Accurate Measurement of Even Slopes and Vertical Edges
- Excellent Performance on very Rough Surfaces
- Robust Handling of greatly varying Surface Reflection Properties
- Verification by Optical Color Image
- Optical Microscopes (Connected to Image Database)
- Cross-Sectional and Image Analysis
- Binocular Microscopes for Low Magnification Inspection
- Abrasive Wheel Sectioning
- Semi-automated Sample Preparation to Diamond or Colloidal Silica Surface Finish
- On-Site (In-situ) Metallurgy
- Vickers Macro-Hardness and Low-Force Hardness Testing (a UKAS accredited testing laboratory No. 4016)
- Vickers Micro-Hardness Testing
- Rockwell (HRB & HR15Y scales)
- Carbon, Sulphur, Oxygen, Nitrogen, and more.
Need help or have a question?