Intertek provides forensic chemical and physical analysis of materials and substances.
Analytical support to forensic investigators is provided through data provision, problem solving and consultancy. Forensic analytical laboratory facilities include ultra-trace analysis. Laboratory GLP certification, cGMP compliance and ISO 17025 accreditation, allow Intertek data to be used in legal and insurance submissions.
Intertek has a proven ability for scientific innovation and problem solving, the laboratories are leaders in bioanalysis, pharmaceuticals, polymer science, metallurgy and providing Total Quality Assurance.
Forensic investigations and expertise:
- Industrial Forensic Science, including for Legal / Insurance submissions
- Textile testing and Fibre / particulate identification
- Reverse engineering of commercial materials
- Mechanical testing of products and packaging
- Trace evidence, hair and fibre investigations
- Drug identification and GLP Method Development
- Fracture and failure investigation of materials
- Particulate Contamination analysis
- Verification of Part Cleanliness (Fact Sheet for the nuclear supply chain)
- Metallurgy, Corrosion, Chemical Resistance investigations