Industrial Forensic Science
Industrial forensic microscopy, microanalysis and materials analysis conducted by our experts
Intertek's industrial forensic expertise in the laboratory, combined with our rapid-response capability across analytical techniques, we can give our customers rapid analysis and understanding of crucial industrial processes and issues.
Intertek applications for Industrial Forensic Science often involve urgent customer requests for information, including questions like "what is it?", "how did this happen?" and "who did this?".
Intertek forensic experts help place clients in a position where they see the best possible data, suggestions and solutions, enhancing vendor quality or your own product quality.
Intertek works with research scientists, formulators, product designers, plant engineers, plant managers, our client's clients and many others. Intertek's Industrial Forensic Science approach involves working closely with our customers and delivering expert analysis, sound advice and creative ideas.
Our Industrial Forensic Science Total Quality Assurance approach combined with a deep experience of polymers, composites, medical devices, speciality chemicals and packaging supply chains ensures we deliver precise scientific evidence, ideas and effective strategies that deliver all the way to our customer's bottom-line.
When things get difficult for clients, when they're under pressure for a solution or when it is difficult to pin the source of a problem down - the Intertek industrial forensics team can be a valuable resource.
Industrial Forensic Science Projects
- Contaminant identification to allow the control of contamination in raw materials, processes, and products
- Materials failure analysis to identify the cause of fractures, processing issues or weaknesses in the design of components
- The identification of the source of unknown particles or deposits causing environmental, health or safety problems
- Root cause identification of product defects including degradation, bubbles, voids, inclusions, bumps, scratches, hazes, stains and marks with a view to eliminating costs involved in rework, scrap and claims
- Identifying the root cause of product defects such as degradation, bubbles, voids, inclusions, bumps, scratches, hazes, stains and marks with a view to eliminating costs involved in rework, scrap and claims
Need help or have a question?
Analytical Testing Services
- Adhesives QA Testing Programs
- Food Contact & Non-Intentionally Added Substances (NIAS)
- The DoC and Regulation 10/2011 for Plastic Food Contact Materials
- Regulation EU 2020/1245 To Amend Regulation EU 10/2011
- PFAS Monitoring in Environmental and Polymer Samples
- Microplastics and Nanoparticles - Definitions And Regulatory Considerations
- Microplastics and Nanoparticles and Food Contact Applications
- Dissolution of Hydroxyapatite Coatings for Medical Devices
- Particulate Contamination control and analysis
- Polymer Rheology Testing Case Study