Florida Building Code Report (FBCR)
Simplify the Florida Product Approval process along with Miami Dade Testing with an Intertek Florida Building Code Report (FBCR)
What is an Intertek Florida Building Code Report?
A Florida Building Code Report (FBCR) is a technical report prepared by Intertek summarizing our review of a manufacturer’s data demonstrating Florida Building code compliance of their product or system. FBCRs address compliance with applicable sections of the Florida Building code with the aim to facilitate approval of building products within the State of Florida
The 8th Edition (2023) of the Florida Building Code will go into effect on December 31st, 2023. All Florida Product Approval applications and Miami Dade NOAs must be updated prior to December 31st, 2023. We can assist both new and current Report holders with the updates and required approval process.
Sign up here for an Intertek Engineer to contact you.
This new service simplifies the process of obtaining a Florida product approval and helps manufacturers earn the trust of code officials knowing that their the products meet the state’s requirements.
How long does the FBCR process take?
Our staff will work with you to make sure your project is completed on time and as efficiently as possible. Once the data has been received, on average it should take two weeks to review documentation and prepare an Florida Building Code Report. An FBCR requires an initial factory audit that will follow on from the completion of the FBCR. With several laboratories across the North America that can perform the required testing we truly are a one stop shop.
How to apply for FBCR?
Send us as much information as possible about your product(s), your manufacturing operations and quality control documents, and the range of configurations that you want to receive certification. Let us know which section of the Florida Building Code you are seeking approval for and if it is to include High Velocity Hurricane Zones and we will reply with a tailored plan that will fast track your approval.
Hurricane Standards, Testing, and Product Approvals
Our Florida Building Code Report is a straight-forward approach that helps our customers gain the required certification they need in a timely and affordable manor. Once the submittal is completed, it should take no longer than two weeks for the Authority Having Jurisdiction to approve your product and grant you market access. When it comes to renewals our staff are on hand to keep you and your product in the market. If there is a change to your product or an update published by FBCR, we can assist you to determine if your product maintains code compliance and advise you of any changes that will be required to your keep your product listed with the FBC.
We have a simple, straight-forward approach Florida Building Code Report certification fees, including
- FBCR Technical Review - Prepare technical evaluation plan and review of initial data per the evaluation plan.
- QA Program enrollment
- Quality Control and Inspection requirements for certified products
- Initial Factory Audit – Carried out remotely
Annual Renewal of FBCR (assessed on the anniversary date of the code report)
- QA Program Fee
- Code update year (every 3 years)
Miami Dade Testing, Certification and Product Approvals (NOA)
Miami Dade product approvals let architects, specifiers, buyers and Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs) know that your products meet the unique requirements for a hurricane prone area. When severe weather strikes in South Florida, the performance of your product could be what saves homes or lives. Having a Miami Dade NOA (notice of acceptance) shows that your product is suitable for commercial use and has passed the impact resistance test for cases of extreme weather. Intertek provides the testing and certification services necessary to assure products are protected against all environmental changes.
Paths to Florida Product Approval
Expert testing and certification is provided in the following areas:
- Accelerated Weathering
- Code Compliance Consulting
- Fire Testing
- Hurricane Testing
- Impact Testing
- Natural Weathering
- Physical Property Testing
- Pressure Cycling
- Quality Assurance
- Structural Testing
- Wind Driven Rain Testing
- Wind Resistance Testing (Miami Dade TAS 201, TAS 202, TAS 203 and FEMA 320, 361)
- Wind Uplift Testing
Products subject to Miami Dade product approvals include:
- Air, Water & Vapor Barriers
- Deck / Fencing / Rail
- Doors / Door Frames
- Flooring Materials
- Manufactured Wood
- Plastic Lumber
- Wall Coverings
- Wall Systems
- Windows / Vents / Skylights
Need help or have a question?
- Comprehensive Acoustical Testing Brochure
- Remote Pre Inspections for NFPA 80 / 101
- Protek - Safety. Everywhere. Every Day
- The Acoustic Webinar Series
- Fire Doors 101: Your Guide to Testing and Certification - Webinar Recording
- Tornado Testing & Certification Requirements - Webinar Recording
- Plumbing Products Testing & Certification - Webinar Recording
- The Evolving Code Evaluation Process White Paper
- Proposition 65 & the Furniture Industry Webinar Recording
- Why Planning for FCC Certification is Key to Success in the Door Hardware Industry White Paper
Upcoming Tradeshows & Events
- Fenestration – Canada: NAFS Testing, Certification, and Path to ENERGY STAR
Wednesday March 29, 2023
- Declaring and Use of Sustainable Materials for Eco-Friendly Buildings - PART TWO
Thursday, April 06, 2023
- PSI Fairfax Client Appreciation and Outreach Dinner
Thursday, April 13, 2023
- PSI Cleveland Happy Hour Event
Thursday, April 26, 2023
- Search and Buy Building & Construction Standards
- Building Products Directory
- Project Connect (formerly myATI) – B&C Products
- Construction Hive – B&C Projects (PSIQest)
- My TestCentral