Automotive Plastic Materials Environmental Testing
Extensive environmental conditions testing for automotive plastics and composites materials
Automotive plastic materials need to be trusted for reliable and high performance in the areas of durability, quality and safety characteristics. Selecting the right automotive materials for the intended environmental use is crucial.
Intertek experts perform testing on automotive materials and components to verify the impact of the environment on vehicle and components according to international, OEM and internal customer standards.
Automotive materials environmental conditions testing includes
- Automotive Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) Testing
- UV/ Xenon testing
- Weathering testing
- HAST (Highly Accelerated Stress Testing)
- Stones, gravel impact
- EMC testing
- Hot storage testing (e.g. DIN 53497)
- Accelerated ageing / heat testing plastics (e.g. ISO 188)
- Stress crack testing (e.g. ASTM D1693)
- Water pressure testing, Stability performance, Scratch
- Impact resistance
- Chemical resistance
Intertek experts also provide expert services to monitor the impact of the vehicle on the environment.
- End-of-Life Vehicle (ELV) Directive Services
- Carbon Footprint Services
- REACH Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) Services
- Health and Environmental Regulatory Compliance Services
Need help or have a question?