Intertek offers a complete services portfolio to assist companies with toxic trio chemical regulatory compliance.
Toxic trio chemicals [toluene, dibutyl phthalate (DBP),and formaldehyde] can be found in consumer products such as nail polish. Exposure to these potentially hazardous chemicals has been linked to chronic health issues.
Compliance with California state laws, such as Proposition 65, may also be required. Products must be properly labeled to disclose these potentially harmful chemicals.
In addition, the European Union (EU) bans the use of DBP in certain products and places restrictions on the use of formaldehyde and toluene.
Toxic Trio Chemical Services
Intertek’s extensive global network of scientific laboratories and regulatory experts provides legal, regulatory and strategic consulting, testing, and full implementation programs for compliance with the expanding list of complex health and environmental regulations of the state of California and other regions across the globe.
- Regulatory consulting and strategy services
- Hazard communication services:
- Authoring and updating of chemical safety data sheets and labels
- Chemical classification and labeling for consumer products
- Toxicology Risk Assessments
- Product Safety Assessments
- Education for both company and supply chain
- Expert Testimony and Litigation Support Services
- Third party chemical analysis: