Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act X-Ray Fluorescence Screening Services
X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) screenings of Lead (Pb) for compliance with the requirements of the CPSIA.
The Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) of 2008 is a United States federal law that:
- Sets revised limitations on lead and phthalates in children’s products
- Sets mandatory toy standards and third party testing requirements
- Sets standards for durable nursery products
- Strengthens the enforcement authority of the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to recall and provide notices
- Greatly increases potential penalties and fines. It broadens the scope of the CPSC’s enforcement and gives the state attorneys general authority to enforce the legislation.
CPSIA XRF Product Screening Services
Intertek provides X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) screenings of Lead (Pb) to support your self-certification claims for CPSIA compliance. Intertek can provide handheld XRF screenings in our laboratories or even onsite at your location, in your warehouses and in stores. The XRF Screening can be used as an initial step in showing compliance for existing inventory.
Intertek’s handheld XRF approach is designed to increase the overall amount of product checks performed in response to CPSIA. The approach, in brief, advocates a screening method whereby certain levels of detected lead will be considered for risk and flagged for essential laboratory testing. Our approach is in line with the strengths and limitations already recognized by the CPSC regarding the use of portable XRF and can reduce the likelihood of non-compliances by reducing sampling risk.
XRF screening is a complex process and requires proper training and knowledge. The CPSIA requirements are very specific and must be strongly considered. To insure quality and proper knowledge, Intertek has implemented a CPSIA XRF Screening Training Program to insure quality, knowledge, and process control. It should be noted that XRF is not capable of identifying phthalates. It can only be used as a screening tool for lead.
Intertek provides cost effective XRF screenings. In addition, we also support our clients with consulting, education, training, and CPSC accredited laboratory testing.
Intertek can help to:
- Protect your brand
- Develop and sustain a competitive advantage
- Insure versatile process is in place to support global compliance for your products
- Minimize business impacts such as loss of sales, product recalls, and obsolete inventory
Need help or have a question?
- +86 (22) 83712202
- +82 (0)2 2109 1250
- +91 8291049593
- 0800 5855888
- +49 711 27311 152
- +31 88 126 8888
- Wilton UK:
- +44 1642 435 788
- +46 8 750 00 00