Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) Testing and Compliance Solutions
Intertek is a U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) accredited third-party lab, providing CPSIA compliance, certification and testing solutions that enable you to meet, maintain and evolve the quality, safety and performance standards of your regulated products.
Following a slew of toy recalls in 2007, the U.S. Congress passed the CPSIA in 2008. The CPSIA strengthened children’s product safety by establishing critical safety and traceability requirements:
- Specifies limits on lead and phthalates in children’s products
- Establishes the ASTM F963 as the mandatory toy safety standard
- Makes testing by CPSC accredited third-party laboratories mandatory
- Promulgates safety standards for durable nursery products
- Requires tracking labels for improved traceability
- Strengthens the enforcement authority of the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to recall products and provide notices
- Greatly increases potential penalties and fines. It broadens the scope of the CPSC’s enforcement and gives the State Attorneys General authority to enforce the legislation
- Establishes certification requirements
As your trusted partner and accredited world leader in the testing, inspection and certification of consumer goods, Intertek’s CPSIA solutions include:
- Third-party testing by CPSC-approved laboratories
- In-depth guidance on CPSIA scope, compliance requirements, dates and deadlines
- CPSIA product assessment
- Electronic filing of product certifications
- CPSIA education and training
- XRF product screening
In addition to the CPSIA testing solutions stated above, Intertek also offers a full suite of services for each and every chemical found in your product including toxicity assessments, chemical certification and quality assurance solutions.
Need help or have a question?