Appliances and Consumer Electronics Performance Testing
Performance testing is the best way to give your product a competitive edge
We offer performance testing for virtually any appliance or electronic and test to national, international, or industry standards, as well as retailer, or your own, specifications. Your goals and market objectives dictate which performance testing services are best suited for your product.
Improving energy performance, developing clean and sustainable energy, and protecting the environment are key initiatives that all manufacturers must undertake to compete in today’s socially-conscious markets.
With the largest global network of 23 EMC testing labs, Intertek provides the capacity and engineering resources to streamline your EMC compliance testing with queue times as fast at 3 days.
Develop and launch secure Appliances and Consumer Electronics with our Consumer Product Focused Cybersecurity Testing and Certification Program
Changes within the new Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive (2011/65/EU) make it necessary to now demonstrate compliance to RoHS in the Technical Construction File to support CE Marking.
Benchmark & Comparison Testing
Benchmark testing helps you assess how your product performs against your competition in a number of areas including functionality, durability, and quality.
Retailer Requirements Testing
When competing for space on retailer shelves, you need to distinguish your product from your competitors. Our retailer requirement services can help you do just that.
Energy Storage & Battery Testing
How do you ensure that your power source meets customer’s expectations? Intertek has a depth of experience ensuring batteries and energy storage technologies meet performance, reliability and safety criteria.
Failure Analysis & Materials Testing
Knowing the true causes of a failure will fundamentally improve engineering and management decisions. Our materials, chemical, metallurgical, and mechanical testing experts will guide you through the entire process.
- Transitioning Products and Certification to UL 60335-2-89
- NSF 456 Vaccine Storage Fact Sheet
- Germicidal Efficacy Testing: Appliance Considerations
- Germicidal Products Webinar: Safety, Performance, and Efficacy
- IEC 62368-1 Standard Compliance Guide White Paper
- Product Listing & Marking Strategies White Paper
- Updated FCC Approval Process Webinar
- Household Dishwasher Test Method EN 50242:2016 Fact Sheet
- Gas Appliance Regulations: Guidance for Implementation of GAR vs. GAD White Paper
- Flammable Refrigerants: Comprehensive Assurance Fact Sheet
- Ceiling Fan Energy Efficiency: Compliance with DOE Rule 10 CFR Part 430
- NTA 8837 Regulation Fact Sheet
- G Marking For Low-Voltage Electrical Products in the Middle East White Paper
- Why Meeting Safety Standards can Still Result in Recalls
- Product Directories
- Public Notices & Product Safety Alerts
- Smart Grid Services
- Intertek Protek - The world’s first industry-agnostic, end-to-end health, safety and wellbeing assurance program