Mobile Photovoltaic (PV) Field Testing
Our Mobile PV Testcenter provides solution for photovoltaic (PV) module testing in the field
Underperforming PV modules can bring down the energy output of a whole solar installation, but shipping modules out for testing can risk further damage and be time-consuming. As part of our full suite of Renewable Energy Field Services, Intertek offers a comprehensive on-site testing solution with our Mobile PV Testcenter. No shipping necessary—the lab comes to you.
Our mobile testing laboratory’s expertly developed capabilities offer solar system site owners and operators the ability to identify, evaluate, and replace under-performing modules on site, at the installation.
Learn more about Intertek's Mobile PV Testcenter
Download our Fact Sheet
The Mobile PV Testcenter provides in-depth analysis in the field for:
- Electroluminescence (EL) Imaging
- Power measurements (IV curves)
- Insulation testing
- Infrared (IR) imaging
- And more
The accuracy of the testing and measurement is designed and optimized for the requirements of on-site PV module assessment, offering immediate combined system measurement.
In addition to the capabilities offered by the Mobile PV Testcenter, Intertek provides solution-oriented testing services and programs for PV modules and solar products, including certification. Our electrical safety testing and certification services can help you meet requirements for standards including:
- ANSI/UL 61730-1,-2
- UL 3741
- ANSI/UL 1703
- ANSI/UL 1741, IEEE 1547, IEEE 1547.1
- CSA C22.2 No 107.1
- many other PV standards, including IEC 61215, IEC 61646, IEC 61730-1, and IEC 61730-2
In North America, Intertek is recognized by the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) as a Nationally Recognized Test Laboratory (NRTL). Intertek is an IECEE CBTL and NCB for PV modules and solar products; is accredited by A2LA to test to the California Energy Commission (CEC) requirements and is also accredited by the Standards Council (SCC) of Canada, and others.
Contact us today for more information on the Mobile PV Testcenter
Need help or have a question?
- Quick Facts for Solar Thermal Products Fact Sheet
- Building Integrated PV Testing Fact Sheet
- Solar Thermal System Testing Fact Sheet
- Electroluminescence Imaging of PV Modules Fact Sheet
- PV Module Testing, Certification & Declarations Fact Sheet
- Photovoltaic Panel & Module Compliance to IEC 61730
- UN 38.3 and the Transportation of Lithium Batteries: A Webinar Series
- Smart Inverter Communication Protocol: Sunspec CSIP & IEEE 2030.5 Compliance Webinar
- Updated FCC Approval Process Webinar
- Advanced Inverter Evaluation to ANSI/UL 1741 Fact Sheet