Fuel failure investigation expertise.
Fuel failure and fuel quality issues occur from trace contaminants and impurities in fuel, among other problems. Fuel failures can arise during the refining and production processes, fuel blending, and from contamination picked up in the fuel supply-chain. Using state-of-the-art fuels testing capabilities, Intertek labs identify the root cause of fuel quality problems and incidents, allowing for rapid understanding and remedial actions to be taken. Business enquiries only please.
Fuel quality failure investigation expertise:
- Gasoline contamination
- Vehicle lambda sensor failures caused by suspect fuel
- Fuel sender unit Corrosion
- Elemental sulfur contamination from fuel
- Biodiesel contamination
- Degree of esterification
- Biodiesel impurities
- Cold flow problems
- Fuel stability
- Biodiesel fuel filter blocking problems
- Jet fuel contamination
- FAME in jet fuel
- Jet fuel degradation storage problems
- JFTOT failure
- Dryer, coalescer failures
- Marine Residual Fuel contamination (Bunker Fuels)
- Characterisation of composition – combustion properties
- Contamination from blending and other sources
- Bunker fuel adulterant analysis
Many other fuel contamination issues are also handled. Intertek provides fast, independent testing and analysis of suspected fuels rapidly and with confidence.