Residential Baseboard and Commercial Finned Tube Testing
Meet performance requirements for Residential Baseboard and Commercial Finned Tubes
Meeting the AHRI standards for Residential Baseboard and Commercial Finned Tubes can be confusing and costly when you need to get your products to market fast and quickly approved by specifiers, buyers and regulatory authorities.
Intertek can assist with product development by testing your Residential Baseboard and Commercial Finned Tubes in a fully automated test process, utilizing specially designed chamber with two separate test methods, and employing equipment that is calibrated to measure levels well beyond industry regulations. This means your unit will be analyzed with the most sophisticated processes available, giving you confidence that your product has been accurately assessed.
With over 60 years experience in supporting the HVAC/R industry, Intertek provides unmatched experience and expertise in testing your Residential Baseboard and Commercial Finned Tube products
- Electrical Method – Measures the energy consumed in the loop during two different setups. The first test is the no-load test, measuring the watts lost in the loop with no sample installed. The second test measures the watts lost in the loop with the unit installed. The difference divided by the active length will determine the capacity of the unit.
- Weight Method – Measures the water temperature entering and exiting the unit, as well as the flow rate through the unit. Multiplying the flow rate by the temperature drop over the unit, then dividing by the active length will determine its capacity.
- Baseboard Radiation – IBR (Institute of Boiler and Radiator Manufacturers) Eighth (8th) Edition, July 2005 (008 Rev 07 05)
- Finned Tube (Commercial) Radiation – IBR Sixth (6th) Edition, July 2005 (009 Rev 07 05)
- HVAC Certification Requirements for Polymerics and Non-Metallic Materials Fact Sheet
- HVAC Path to Certification Through January 2024 Fact Sheet
- Zero Ozone Verification Program Fact Sheet
- UL 60335-2-40: Frequently Asked Questions
- Product Listing & Marking Strategies White Paper
- Ensuring Compliance With UL 60335-2-40 Webinar
- Transitioning from UL 1995 to UL 60335-2-40 White Paper
- HVACR Testing Chamber Design Services
- Gas Appliance Regulations Webinar: GAR vs. GAD
- Flammable Refrigerants: Comprehensive Assurance Fact Sheet
- Accelerated Stress Testing to Manage Disruptive Market Changes Webinar
- Intertek’s 65-Ton Psychrometric Test Facility
- Internet of Things (IoT) Capabilities and the Safeguarding of Smart HVACR Systems White Paper
- Functional Safety for Products White Paper
- UN 38.3 and the Requirements for the Transportation of Lithium Batteries
- Radio Equipment Directive (RED) white paper
- Department of Energy Direct Final Rules Webinar Recording
- Department of Energy Regulations
- AHRI Standards
- AHAM Program Directory
- HVACR Blog
- GSA Schedule Services
- LEED Green Building Rating System
- Intertek Protek - The world’s first industry-agnostic, end-to-end health, safety and wellbeing assurance program