Acoustical and Airflow Testing for HVACR Equipment
Meet the Acoustical and Airflow Performance Requirements established by specifiers, buyers and regulatory authorities
HVACR equipment is often required to be tested for acoustical and airflow performance requirements that have been established by specifiers, buyers and regulatory authorities. Intertek can assist you with product development by conducting testing that characterizes the sound and airflow performance of alternate components and designs.
Intertek's technical staff can provide you with complete acoustical testing services for a variety of products including:
- Mechanical Equipment and Accessories – Outdoor unitary air conditioning equipment, non-ducted indoor air conditioning equipment, grilles, registers and diffusers, air control and distribution devices, fans, blowers and other air moving devices, machines, mechanical and electrical equipment and sub-assemblies; and hand-held power tools.
- Building Materials and Assemblies – Partitions, walls, doors, windows and floor/ceiling assemblies, carpeting, wall coverings, acoustical panels and ceiling tiles, duct liner materials and prefabricated silencers.
- Household Appliances – Room air conditioners, room air cleaners, vacuum cleaners, clothes washers, dish washers, blenders, mixers, can openers and other large and small appliances.
- HVAC Certification Requirements for Polymerics and Non-Metallic Materials Fact Sheet
- HVAC Path to Certification Through January 2024 Fact Sheet
- Zero Ozone Verification Program Fact Sheet
- UL 60335-2-40: Frequently Asked Questions
- Product Listing & Marking Strategies White Paper
- Ensuring Compliance With UL 60335-2-40 Webinar
- Transitioning from UL 1995 to UL 60335-2-40 White Paper
- HVACR Testing Chamber Design Services
- Gas Appliance Regulations Webinar: GAR vs. GAD
- Flammable Refrigerants: Comprehensive Assurance Fact Sheet
- Accelerated Stress Testing to Manage Disruptive Market Changes Webinar
- Intertek’s 65-Ton Psychrometric Test Facility
- Internet of Things (IoT) Capabilities and the Safeguarding of Smart HVACR Systems White Paper
- Functional Safety for Products White Paper
- UN 38.3 and the Requirements for the Transportation of Lithium Batteries
- Radio Equipment Directive (RED) white paper
- Department of Energy Direct Final Rules Webinar Recording
- Department of Energy Regulations
- AHRI Standards
- AHAM Program Directory
- HVACR Blog
- GSA Schedule Services
- LEED Green Building Rating System
- Intertek Protek - The world’s first industry-agnostic, end-to-end health, safety and wellbeing assurance program