Reading Glasses Testing
Intertek offers reading glasses testing and glasses frame testing to ensure compliance with standards as well as product quality
Most consumers choose a pair of reading glasses that not only improve their vision, but offer comfort and style as well. As a result, it’s imperative that brands, retailers and manufacturers ensure the reading glasses they make and sell meet the demands of consumers as well as the standards set forth by the industry. In addition, in the U.S. and EU, reading glasses are considered medical devices, requiring compliance with additional voluntary and mandatory standards. Intertek offers the following testing for both lenses and frames.
- ANSI Z80.31 Specifications for Ready-to-Wear Near-Vision Spectacles
- EN 14139 Specifications for ready-to-wear spectacles
- Spectacle lenses per EN ISO 14889
- Spectacle frames per EN ISO 12870
- Optical power
- Spherical power
- Prismatic power
- ANSI Z80.5 Requirements for Ophthalmic Frames
- EN ISO 12870 Spectacle frames – requirements and test methods
- Dimensional tolerances on nominal size
- Tolerance on screw threads
- Dimensional stability at elevated temperatures
- Resistance to perspiration
- Bridge Deformation
- Lens Retention
- Resistance to ignition
- Resistance to optical radiation
- Nickel release
With over 1,000 offices and labs in over 100 countries, Intertek is well-equipped with the state-of-the-art testing facilities with Intertek experts offering customers expertise in the evaluation of their reading spectacles and spectacle frames.
Need help or have a question?
What is InterLink™?
InterLink™ is a data management tool that helps global retailers and brands monitor progress, compliance, documentation, supply chain collaboration and data and performance analysis.