Trade Association Testing
Intertek tests for a number of associations including Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers and Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute. Our United Kingdom (UK) facility provides testing for the UK government.
If your target market includes design engineers, specifying engineers, architects and other professionals, performance testing and certification to industry association standards is one of the most effective ways to:
- Get your product noticed
- Address the target market's specific purchasing criteria
- Establish a credible presence for your product
Intertek tests for a number of associations, including:
- Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM)
- Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI)
- California Energy Commission (CEC)
- Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association (CTIA)
- International Maritime Organization (IMO)
- Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA)
- International Safe Transit Association (ISTA)
- ENERGY STAR Testing and Certification (US Environmental Protection Agency)
Some of this testing data is then published in annual or semiannual Product Directories, providing buyers and specifiers with accurate, objective information on product performance factors such as capacity, power consumption and energy efficiency. For many product categories, including HVAC/R Equipment, performance testing and certification is critical. In some cases, testing to trade association standards is mandated by government regulations, such as the U.S. Department of Energy's power consumption efficiency ratings for appliances.