Hazardous Location Lighting Testing
Verify the Safety of Luminaires Used in Hazardous Locations
Our team of Hazardous Locations testing experts can evaluate your lighting product for use in potentially explosive atmospheres. We certify to mandatory electrical requirements in the US and Canada for ‘Ex’ lighting, as well as ATEX Directive and IECEx System requirements. Intertek can help you better understand certifications for your hazardous location lighting product, noting key differences in requirements for flame resistance versus intrinsic safety.
Safety Standards for Hazardous Location Luminaires:
- ANSI/UL 8750 relates to LED equipment that is an integral part of a luminaire and is intended to supplement the requirements found in existing luminaire standards.
- ANSI/UL 844 and CSA C22.2 No. 137 apply to electric luminaires in accordance with the National Electrical Code, NFPA 70, and the rules of the Canadian Electrical Code, Parts I and V.
- ANSI/UL 783 is used to test battery-operated flashlights and lanterns in accordance with the National Electrical Code, NFPA 70.
Our expertise is backed by a number of accreditations and recognitions:
- Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) for Hazardous Locations Standards, approved by OSHA
- Certification Body (CB) and Test Laboratory (TL) accredited by SCC
- Notified Body for the ATEX Directive, accredited by UKAS
- IECEx Certification Body (CB) and Test Laboratory (TL)