Cybersecurity for Consumer Products
Develop and launch secure products with our Consumer Product Focused Cybersecurity Testing and Certification Program
Connectivity and the IoT are transforming consumer products. From connected fridges to smart door locks, interactive toys to IP connected burglar alarms, products of every type are joining the IoT. These products are simplifying daily life for consumers around the world, can creating more exciting, engaging and useful products than ever before. The benefits to consumers and society are vast, and as the revolution gathers pace, connectivity in consumer products is moving from a brand differentiator, to a consumer expectation.
However, the associated risks are significant, from privacy risks and spying, through to unauthorized entry to an individual’s home. Manufacturers and retailers face both the risk of brand damage, liability to consumers and regulatory intervention in regions such as California (SB327), or GDPR in the EU.
Intertek’s services help brands and retailers launch products intended to use in domestic environments, which help them harness the huge benefits of connectivity whilst mitigating the risks. Building on the many decades Intertek has spent working with global manufacturers to meet regulators’ requirements in markets around the world, with a focus on technical excellence and rapid service delivery, Intertek Connected World offers a range of cybersecurity services, including our customized, consumer product focused cybersecurity test and certification program, Cyber Assured. This program is risk appropriate to consumer products, and with its continuous vulnerability program, gives assurance to consumers over the product’s security, long after testing has been completed.
Learn more about our Cybersecurity Testing
and Certification Program for Consumer Products
Performance & Interoperability
Need help or have a question?
Connected World Complimentary Webinars
- Cybersecurity Awareness Training Fact Sheet
- Common Criteria Certification Process Fact Sheet
- FIPS 140-3 Process and Service Offerings Fact Sheet
- 5G Technology Assurance Solution Fact Sheet
- Cyber Security Risk in a Mass Remote Working Environment Webinar
- Intertek Cyber Assured Fact Sheet
- Consumer Product Focused Cyber Security Test and Certification Program
- PCI PIN Transaction Security (PTS) Cyber Security Fact Sheet
- Cyber Security Assurance Overview
- ANSI/UL 2900 Cyber Security Assessments Fact Sheet
- Software Assurance Overview
- Network Certification Guides
- Guide to PTCRB Certification
- Guide to Verizon ODI Process