Building Sciences Services & Capabilities
A suite of capabilities designed to save you time and money
Save time and money by gaining immediate access to a knowledge base and in-house testing capabilities. As a tester and certifier of building products, components, and assemblies we provide a unique perspective on your project. Our breadth of capabilities—both in building sciences and upstream—combined with the industry’s largest domestic and global footprint, gives us the advantage when tackling both the known and unknowns of any project and helps streamline services.
Noise, Acoustic and Vibration
Understand how open spaces, wall placement, and other design aspects of your building will affect the acoustical and vibrational performance experienced by your buildings occupants.
Building Enclosure Commissioning
Meet and exceed the complex building performance requirements of your building through building enclosure commissioning.
You have contract obligations to meet and little time to meet them. Reduce the risk with your curtain wall and fenestration products with on-site testing.
Mitigate the risk of fire and smoke damage to your building and ensure the safety of the people inside by working with our team of highly experienced fire protection personnel to design, consult, commission, inspect, and test your fire protection systems.
Gain an expert opinion that is driven by objective observation when water leakage, condensation, or other problems occur and an investigation is needed.
The Intertek Building Science Solutions Insurance Services group understands the importance of having the right expert for your case.
Modular Building Solutions
Third-Party Inspection and Plan Review (United States) and Certification Body (Canada - CSA) for factory-built structures, recreational vehicles and modular components.
Performance Mock Up
With so much riding on the performance of your curtain wall, it makes sense to build a mock-up to determine its performance. See what Intertek can provide and why we are the industry leader for mock-up performance testing.
Whole Building Air Barrier Testing
Increase the performance and energy efficiency of your building by reducing its air leakage and making it more air tight.
- Comprehensive Acoustical Testing Brochure
- Remote Pre Inspections for NFPA 80 / 101
- Protek - Safety. Everywhere. Every Day
- The Acoustic Webinar Series
- Fire Doors 101: Your Guide to Testing and Certification - Webinar Recording
- Tornado Testing & Certification Requirements - Webinar Recording
- Plumbing Products Testing & Certification - Webinar Recording
- The Evolving Code Evaluation Process White Paper
- Proposition 65 & the Furniture Industry Webinar Recording
- Why Planning for FCC Certification is Key to Success in the Door Hardware Industry White Paper
Upcoming Tradeshows & Events
- Fenestration – Canada: NAFS Testing, Certification, and Path to ENERGY STAR
Wednesday March 29, 2023
- Declaring and Use of Sustainable Materials for Eco-Friendly Buildings - PART TWO
Thursday, April 06, 2023
- PSI Fairfax Client Appreciation and Outreach Dinner
Thursday, April 13, 2023
- PSI Cleveland Happy Hour Event
Thursday, April 26, 2023
- Search and Buy Building & Construction Standards
- Building Products Directory
- Project Connect (formerly myATI) – B&C Products
- Construction Hive – B&C Projects (PSIQest)
- My TestCentral