California Energy Commission (CEC) for Lighting Products
Efficiency Testing Requirements for Lighting Products in the State of California
Compliance with California Energy Commission (CEC) regulations for lamps, controls, luminaires, and other lighting products is based on meeting stringent efficiency requirements and can render some products eligible for utility rebates in California and other states.
The CEC is responsible for promoting energy efficiency through the development of product and building code standards, including Title 20 and Title 24, in the state of California. Lighting products must be tested in an ISO/IEC 17025 accredited laboratory and test reports must be submitted directly to the CEC.
All residential lighting products for newly constructed homes in California must meet “high efficacy” requirements. Depending on the light source for the luminaire, specific requirements must be met, which are outlined in Joint Appendix 8 (JA8) and Joint Appendix 10 (JA10).
Through your participation in this state regulation program, your lighting products may be eligible for utility rebates in California and other states. Intertek’s experts can help you determine the best path to compliance.
Are you ready for Title 24 high-efficacy requirements
Learn more about Energy Efficiency Testing for Lighting:
- Germicidal Products Webinar: Safety, Performance, and Efficacy
- Commercial Displays: Compliance to ANSI/UL 970 Fact Sheet
- Lighting for Hazardous Locations Fact Sheet
- Germicidal Lighting Fact Sheet
- Horticultural Lighting Safety & Performance Criteria Fact Sheet
- Product Listing & Marking Strategies White Paper
- Mitigating Cyber Threats to Connected Lighting Products Webinar
- Automotive Lighting: Photometric Concepts, Calibration, and Measurement White Paper
- Class P Program for LED Light Engines Fact Sheet
- ANSI/UL 8750: Overview and Tips for Manufacturers
- LED Lamps: LM-84 & DOE Rules Tip Sheet
- Ingress Protection for Lighting Products IP vs. NEMA Ratings White Paper
- California Energy Commission (CEC) Title 20 and Title 24 White Paper
- Lighting General Coverage Program Fact Sheet
- Global Lighting Standards
- My Test Central
- Product Directories
- Certification Marks
- Global Market Access
- SatelliteTM Data Acceptance Program
- Intertek Protek - The world’s first industry-agnostic, end-to-end health, safety and wellbeing assurance program