DesignLights Consortium® Energy Efficiency Requirements
DesignLights Consortium® (DLC) Energy Efficiency Requirements for Commercial Solid State Lighting (SSL) Products
The DesignLights Consortium® (DLC) is a voluntary certification initiative for LED technology requiring lighting products to comply with minimum performance standards in three critical areas:
- and longevity/stress.
Testing to DLC lighting requirements must be completed by an Accredited Laboratory, with test results submitted directly to the DLC by the manufacturer.
DLC certification is a utility-based initiative; numerous utilities nationwide base rebate programs on DLC standards for products including high bays, wall packs, lab lamps, roadway luminaires, retrofit-kits, decorative LEDs, and LED panels (such as refrigerator lights, T8’s, and panels used in commercial, industrial, or outdoor applications).
Learn more about our Commercial & Industrial Lighting capabilities including Horticultural & Agricultural Lighting service.
Need help or have a question?
- Germicidal Products Webinar: Safety, Performance, and Efficacy
- Commercial Displays: Compliance to ANSI/UL 970 Fact Sheet
- Lighting for Hazardous Locations Fact Sheet
- Germicidal Lighting Fact Sheet
- Horticultural Lighting Safety & Performance Criteria Fact Sheet
- Product Listing & Marking Strategies White Paper
- Mitigating Cyber Threats to Connected Lighting Products Webinar
- Automotive Lighting: Photometric Concepts, Calibration, and Measurement White Paper
- Class P Program for LED Light Engines Fact Sheet
- ANSI/UL 8750: Overview and Tips for Manufacturers
- LED Lamps: LM-84 & DOE Rules Tip Sheet
- Ingress Protection for Lighting Products IP vs. NEMA Ratings White Paper
- California Energy Commission (CEC) Title 20 and Title 24 White Paper
- Lighting General Coverage Program Fact Sheet
- Global Lighting Standards
- My Test Central
- Product Directories
- Certification Marks
- Global Market Access
- SatelliteTM Data Acceptance Program
- Intertek Protek - The world’s first industry-agnostic, end-to-end health, safety and wellbeing assurance program