Environmental Impact Assessment
We provide project developers involved in wide range of industries with the in-depth knowledge and tools needed to surpass standard environmental assessment requirements through all stages of a project’s life cycle.
Environmental impact assessments ensure that the environmental implications of projects are analysed and understood prior to construction. These assessments provide project developers assurance that their projects are compliant with a variety of regulatory requirements including Directive 2011/92/EU (known as 'Environmental Impact Assessment' – EIA Directive) and Directive 2001/42/EC (known as 'Strategic Environmental Assessment' – SEA Directive). Environmental assessments offer guidance during the licencing and permitting phase of projects and ensure that the installation, operation and decommissioning of assets doesn’t have significant effects on the environment.
Intertek has over 30 years’ experience working as advisors and project managers for our clients involved in industries across the marine sector. Our environmental consultants give practical and effective advice, impact assessments and reports on key environmental issues from license application, planning and development through operations and decommissioning. Our advice and project management services influence industry practices and legislation. Intertek’s approach helps streamline the environmental assessment process to deliver projects on time, on budget and ensure compliance with the latest industry standards.
Intertek’s environmental impact assessment Total Quality Assurance services include:
- Environmental impact assessment (including development of scopes of work and supervision of local consultants for National permitting)
- Strategic environmental assessment
- Habitats risk assessment
- Risk based approach for the management of produced water discharges
- Oil spill contingency planning and oil pollution emergency planning
- Ballast water management
- Underwater noise assessment
- Licensing and permitting
- Environmental reporting support
- Consultation and stakeholder liaison
- Environmental support and management
Environmental Management Systems Support
Intertek has a wide range of experience supporting clients’ involved in the onshore, offshore and marine sectors with management system design and implementation as well as adherence to national and international standards. Our assessments paired with environmental systems support services provide you with not only procedural updates, but also full system design and implementation of International Organization of Standardization (ISO) standard management systems. Intertek’s Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) registered auditors our experienced with both onshore and offshore operations. Our ISO 14001 lead auditors have extensive knowledge and global experience performing audits throughout a projects lifecycle from construction and drilling to operations and decommissioning. In addition, Intertek's auditing and certification services provide you with third-party verification of your organisation’s green initiatives and improvements. Our experienced auditors help you work systematically to lower energy and raw materials use; reduce waste and pollution; and mitigate risks of accidents and emergency situations.
Intertek’s environmental management systems support includes:
- ISO 14001 certification
- QC 080000 certification
- Energy management systems development (against ISO 14001 and OSPAR verification requirements)
- Environmental and sustainability report verification
- GHG validation and verification services
- LEED green building rating system
- Sustainable forest management certification
Why are we different?
- We apply a threshold approach for environmental assessments using Best Available Techniques (BAT), Best Environmental Practice (BEP) and international standards to determine whether the impacts from proposed activities will exceed the threshold.
- Our bespoke and gated assurance process ensures high quality environmental impact assessment deliverables.
- We have a dedicated team of environmental and industry specialists supported by over 150 associates from a diverse range of marine science specialisms.
- Intertek’s defined and developed systems, such as our project web portal, interface between our team, our clients, regulators and stakeholders.
- Our in-house GIS capability streamlines the process and is more cost effective to the client.
- Our modelling teams are industry leaders in environmental assessment and optimisation of asset performance for environmental compliance.
- Our environmental impact assessment track record in a wide array of industries has allowed us to develop an innovative approach by building on lessons learned across sectors.
- Through experience and participation in industry and environmental forums we have long standing relationships with regulators and government advisers ensuring we are knowledgeable of legislature changes and requirements as well as stakeholder concerns and expectations.
*Intertek Business Assurance does not provide consulting services for management systems certification. Any consulting activities provided by Intertek are separated and independent from testing and certification activities and undergo a regular detailed risk analysis to ensure impartiality is maintained.
Need help or have a question?