EU REACH Regulation compliance solutions for the cosmetics and personal care product industries.
The REACH Regulation (Registration, Evaluation and Authorisation of Chemicals - 1907/2006) places compliance requirements on producers importing or manufacturing cosmetics and other personal care products in Europe. The obligations for cosmetics producers include, but are not limited to: chemical testing and evaluation, registration of substances, management of supply chain, management of downstream users, and possible restriction or notification requirements for chemicals in their products.
Intertek’s REACH services include:
- Regulatory consulting
- Corporate training
- Evaluation of supply chain and products
- Program management
- Chemical testing
- Dossier creation
- Data gathering from and management of suppliers
- Registration of chemicals
- Management of related consortium and SIEF (Substance Information Exchange Forum) obligations
- SDS and e-SDS authoring
- Exposure scenarios (ESs) check
- Downstream user chemical safety report (DU CSR) preparation
Intertek supports both EU-based cosmetic producers, and non-EU cosmetics or cosmetics ingredient producers through its locations around the world and REACH Only Representative solution for non-EU cosmetics producers.
- The EU Biocides Product Regulation
- Understanding and Attaining Compliance to the EU Detergent Regulation
- Insight into Botanical Ingredients: Benefits & Risks
- Understanding the EU Cosmetics Regulation and Attaining Compliance