Outside Plant Testing (OSP)
Depending on how and where your product is installed in the Outside Plant (OSP), you will need to meet a unique set of requirements before your equipment can be deployed. Specific requirements exist for different types of equipment deployed in the OSP.
Below is a list of outside plant products we certify:
- Smart Poles
- Electronic Equipment Cabinets
- Electronic Equipment in Cabinets / Closures
- Network Interface Devices (NIDs)
- Splice Enclosures
- Small Cells
- Remote Radio Heads
Standards to which we test include:
- GR-13-CORE – Generic requirements for pedestal terminal closures
- GR-49-CORE – Generic requirements for outdoor telephone network interface devices
- GR-487-CORE – Generic requirements for electronic equipment cabinets
- GR-950-CORE – Generic requirements for optical network unit closures
- GR-2834-CORE – Generic requirements for basic electrical, mechanical and environmental criteria for OSP equipment
- GR-3178-CORE – Generic Requirements for wireless transceiver facilities, free-space optics, remote radio heads and small cells
- GR-3108-CORE – Generic requirements for network equipment in the outside plant
Contact us today to learn more about OSP requirements and equipment.
Need help or have a question?