Supplier Qualification Program (SQP)
Intertek’s Supplier Qualification Program provides a world-class Industry Standard that drives continuous improvement through open benchmarking.
- How do you ensure your supplier’s production processes have the necessary controls in place to mitigate risk?
- How do you measure supplier performance through open industry, country and global benchmarking, while at the same time facilitating continuous improvement in managing product quality and safety?
International retailers, brands and buyers are demanding more effective ways to evaluate supplier manufacturing performance through improved transparency and more reliable, open benchmarking processes.
Intertek’s Approach – The Supplier Qualification Program (SQP)
Intertek’s Supplier Qualification Program provides a world-class Industry Standard that drives continuous improvement through open benchmarking. The program‘s strength lies in its accredited training programs, qualified trainers and auditors, risk-based scorecard as well as a continuous corrective and preventative action process.
The SQP audit standard was developed by rigorously surveying the requirements of global consumer product brands and retailers. SQP focuses on the consumer product manufacturing industry and covers the following sectors:
- Generic Hardline Manufacturing (e.g., household & DIY)
The SQP Industry Standard covers the following areas:
- Management Commitment and Continual Improvement
- Risk Management Systems
- Quality Management Systems
- Site and Facilities Management
- Product Control
- Product Testing and Product Claims
- Process Control (Hardline, Garment, Toy and Footwear)
- Personnel Training and Competency
The SQP Business Benefits include:
- Improved Controls and Processes for Managing Product Quality and Safety
- Improved Transparency and Trust between Buyers and Suppliers
- Reduced Audit Fatigue
- Ability to Demonstrate Measurable Outcomes
- Better Risk Management
- Recognition through Achievement Award for Top Performing Suppliers
Need help or have a question?
- +44 (0) 116 296 1620
- +61 1300 046 837
- +46 8 750 03 33
- Asia Pacific
- +86 21 50273066