Textile Exchange Standards Certifications
The Textile Exchange drives industry transformation in preferred fibers, integrity and standards, and responsible supply networks.
Today’s consumers are becoming more sustainability conscious through the products they buy. Companies of all sizes are stepping up to partner on the pursuit of the good. Global brands are using their influence by making commitments and encouraging innovation in the use of sustainable materials throughout their value chain. Suppliers and manufacturers are looking to differentiate on the global trade market through independent certification of their materials and product sustainability claims.
The goal of the Textile Exchange certifications is to drive sustainability in the textile industry and encourage use of recycled, organic, and/or preferred materials in products to reduce/eliminate the harm caused by its production. Textile Exchange identifies and shares best practices regarding farming, materials, processing, traceability, and product end-of-life in order to reduce the textile industry’s impact on the world’s water, soil and air, and the human population. Textile Exchange provides the knowledge and tools the industry needs to make significant improvements in three core areas: Fiber and Materials, Integrity and Standards, and Supply Network.
Intertek provides independent 3rd party certification of the following Textile Exchange standards:
- Global Recycled Standard (GRS) establishes requirements for third-party certification of recycled content, chain of custody, social and environmental management, and restrictions on the use of chemicals. The goal of GRS is to increase the use of recycled materials in products and reduce/eliminate damage caused by their production
- Recycled Claim Standard (RCS) sets the requirements for third-party certification of recycled content and chain of custody. The goal of RCS is to increase the use of recycled materials.
- At the foundation of these standards, the Content Claim Standard (CCS) sets the requirements for certifying the chain of custody of third parties and ensures chain of custody integrity from raw material to finished product
- The Organic Content Standard (OCS) aims to increase organic agriculture production by providing the industry with a tool to verify the organically grown content of the products they purchase, providing companies with a trusted tool to communicate organically grown content claims to the industry, and providing organic fiber farmers with broad access to the global organic market for their products
Benefits of Textile Exchange certification through Intertek for your organization:
- 3rd Party Assurance: an independent partner to provide 3rd party certifications against Textile Exchange and other Standards
- Network of global experts in the textile processing industry: environmental, social, and chemical management audits
- Local experts in the countries where your suppliers are located, delivering consistently with precision pace and passion on a global and local level
- Process management and guidance throughout the entire certification life cycle through the web-based platform SourceClear providing you visibility into your certifications and supporting faster business transactions (Scope Certifications, Transaction Certifications)
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Partner with Intertek and gain the confidence that your organization is becoming more sustainably conscious. With the largest auditor network around the world, Intertek can support your organization’s ethical sourcing goals wherever you do business.
Need help or have a question?
- +44 (0) 116 296 1620
- +61 (0) 2 8039 8111
- +46 8 750 03 33
- Asia Pacific
- +86 21 50273066