Organic Content Standard (OCS)
OCS aims to boost organic agricultural production.
Textile Exchange is a global non-profit driving positive impact on climate change across the fashion and textile industry. It guides a growing community of brands, manufacturers, and farmers towards more purposeful production from the very start of the supply chain. Textile Exchange developed several important industry standards, including the Organic Content Standard.
The OCS is an international, voluntary standard that uses the chain of custody requirements of the Content Claim Standard (CCS), which makes sure the identity of the organic content is maintained from feedstock to final product, combined with clear requirements for the use of certified organic inputs and rules regarding logo use and labeling claims. It applies to any non-food product containing 5% to 100% organic material. Its aim is to boost organic agricultural production.
The OCS has three main goals:
- Provide the industry a means to validate the organically grown content of the products they purchase.
- Give companies a way to convey their organically grown content claims to the industry.
- Give organic fiber farmers access to the global organic market for their products.
How Intertek can help
Intertek is an accredited certification body for GOTS and for the following Textile Exchange standards GRS, RCS, OCS and CCS, including supply chain companies for RDS, and RAF (RWS, RMS, RAS) with a secondary scope (i.e. all RDS sites after the slaughter site and all RAF sites after the farm). We aid all sites in the supply chain including brands in delivering end-to-end solutions that help organizations mitigate supply chain risk and boost confidence in their sustainable sourcing, brand and marketing claims.
Why choose Intertek for Textile Exchange and GOTS certification?
- Network of global experts in the textile processing industry: environmental, social, and chemical management audits
- Local experts in the countries where your suppliers are located, delivering consistently with precision, pace and passion on a global and local level
- Process management and guidance throughout the entire certification life cycle through our web-based platform SourceClear providing you visibility into your certifications and supporting faster business transactions (Scope Certifications, Transaction Certifications).
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Partner with Intertek and gain confidence in your sustainable sourcing, brand and marketing claims. With the largest auditor network around the world in more than 100 countries, Intertek can support your organisation's ethical sourcing goals wherever you do business.
Need help or have a question?