Supporting the development and testing of electric transportation
to drive the modern world.
VIEW THE VIDEO
A unique facility designed to push the limits of electrified powertrain systems testing, combining world-class equipment and expertise in one location.
Located in the heart of Milton Keynes, UK, Intertek’s multi award-winning state-of-the-art Global Electric Vehicle Centre of Excellence enables electric propulsion system manufacturers to test their products to the pinnacle of EV testing capabilities. Connected with Intertek’s network of transportation technologies labs, delivering battery testing, electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) testing, autonomous driving testing, and more.
This unique facility delivers test cycles for a range of customers, including:
- Full electric or hybrid passenger cars
- High-performance electric or hybrid vehicles
- Formula E teams
- Electric motorsports
- Electric vehicle fluids
This facility is the largest dedicated electric propulsion systems test centre in the UK, supporting our customer’s increasing needs for fast, expert testing services and rapid results, together with the latest knowledge, technologies, and experience within this rapidly changing industry landscape. Combined with our 24/7 year-round operation and rapid configuration quick-change pallet system, our teams of in-house engineers deliver flexible testing solutions for our customers, helping you get your products to market faster than the competition.
Key features of our Global Electric Vehicle Centre of Excellence
- Automotive Functional Safety & Cyber Security FAQs
- Development of Driveline Electrification Technologies White Paper
- Understanding Failure Analysis and Answering your Frequently Asked Questions
- The Top-7 FAQs of Autonomous Vehicles Testing
- The Top-10 FAQs of Advanced Composites Testing
- The Top-10 FAQs of Automotive Interior Testing
- Is Your Product Tough Enough for Automotive? Webinar
- Accelerated Stress Testing to Manage Disruptive Market Changes Webinar
- Transitioning to Structural Composites to Meet CAFE Standards
- Automotive Interiors Testing White Paper
- IEC 62133 Tipsheet
- Radio Equipment Directive (RED) White Paper
- What to Consider when Considering In-Vehicle Apps
- Fuel Cells vs Batteries In the Automotive Sector
Need help or have a question?
EU market report
Download the white paper for more information and FAQs
Lessons learned testing EVs
UK Automotive Powertrain Testing Facility
Dave Meek - UK Transportation Technologies Director - provides a virtual tour and overview of our Milton Keynes, Tanners Drive Automotive Powertrain testing facility.