Automotive Battery and Electric Vehicle Testing
Bring your Automotive Battery technologies to market quickly and cost effectively
The rapidly emerging Electric Vehicle, Hybrid Electric Vehicle and Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle markets are poised for continued growth and change. Intertek has made significant investments in alignment with the evolving needs of your business. We offer lab capacity for EV, HEV, PHEV and automotive battery testing services on a global scale to certify your charging stations and electrical components for worldwide distribution.
When adapting battery packs, cells, chargers, service disconnects, and wires harnesses for EV (electric vehicle) and HEV (hybrid electric vehicle) applications, Intertek can help you verify all related parts and products for global distribution via worldwide supply chains.
The Automotive Battery and Electric Vehicle Testing services available from Intertek enable you to know all the power and progress your products can provide to your customers. From cells to large battery packs, our global battery testing centers can offer the performance, durability, safety, and abuse testing you need in order to meet the latest industry and national and international standards and regulations.
Learn more about our competencies and capabilities in Battery and Energy Storage Testing.
Tests We Offer:
- Sustainability Solutions for Electric Vehicle (EV) Batteries
- Cell/Module/Pack level testing
- Cycle life (charge/discharge cycling)
- Cycle life (simulated drive/usage profiles)
- Calendar life
- HPCC (Hybrid Pulse Power Characterization)
- Abuse testing
- Fire exposure
- Safety certification testing
- Short circuit
- Crush/Nail Penetration
- Mechanical shock
- Thermal /Humidity cycling
- Thermal shock
- Simulated environment: vibration, temperature, humidity
- Failure analysis
- BMS simulation and monitoring
- Connector/Service disconnect cycling and durability
- Electrical Load Bank and Power Distribution Testing
Standards We Test To:
- IEC 62133
- UN 38.3
- UL 2580
- IEC 62660
- ISO 12405
- SAE J2380
- SAE J2464 / J2929
- ECE R100 R02
- ECE R10 (EMC)
- LV 123/LV 124
- OEM Specific Methods
Need help or have a question?