WEEE Directive Treatment Instructions Services
Intertek offers technical consulting and documentation services for dismantling, materials declaration, and related product end-of-life requirements for EU WEEE Directive compliance.
Many system integrators and distributors now specifically request dismantling instructions to be available for all of the products in their supply chain. For example, Treatment Instructions are a requirement under the European Union’s Recast Waste Electronics and Electrical Equipment (WEEE) Directive (2012/19/EU). Therefore, electronic and electrical equipment (EEE) companies need to properly create treatment documentation in order to avoid shipment barriers and fines in the European Union.
EU WEEE Directive Treatment Instructions Services
Intertek’s consulting and documentation specialists create the specific documentation needed by dismantlers, recyclers, and our clients' customer base. For each product, Intertek generates a document comprising all of the necessary details, including graphics and descriptions, to meet the requirements specified in the EU Waste Electronics and Electrical Equipment (WEEE) Directive. As electronics recycling becomes a more globally-recognized requirement, the demand for this type of instruction for dismantling and materials declarations from recyclers, dismantlers, retailers and component buyers will only increase.
Intertek’s WEEE Treatment Instructions Service include:
- Evaluation of product line to provide the most efficient path towards document creation
- Real-time document revision that runs in conjunction with product alterations and re-designs for documents that Intertek has created
- Evaluation and criteria grading of 3rd party documentation existing for sourced assemblies in a product BoM
- Comprehensive training sessions for document creation
Key components of Intertek’s Treatment Instructions Documents:
- Corporate identification information
- Specific product information - product identifiers, product part numbers, weights & dimensions
- Declaration and location of materials requiring selective treatment (WEEE Directive Annex II materials)
- Declaration of valuable materials and materials of interest to recyclers
- Clear, simple, and stand alone format for use as a document and/or be made available for web use
Need help or have a question?
- +86 (22) 83712202
- +82 (0)2 2109 1250
- +91 8291049593
- 0800 5855888
- +49 711 27311 152
- +31 88 126 8888
- Wilton UK:
- +44 1642 435 788
- +46 8 750 00 00