PV Modules and Panels Testing
Differentiate your Photovoltaic (PV) Modules and Panels in a competitive market by substantiating your value proposition and marketing claims with independent, third-party performance testing and certification from Intertek
Intertek is your comprehensive source for all PV module testing and certification needs. Rely on our global network of expertise and experience to guide you through every step of the testing and certification process. We help you streamline efforts and create efficiencies to get your product to customers faster, giving you the amperage to leave your competition in the dark.
Our state-of-the-art PV testing and certification centers provide both safety and performance testing from a single source, including facilities in: Shanghai, China; Taipei, Taiwan; Cortland, New York; and Lake Forest, California. Our facilities provide required testing to safety standards to help you meet over 40 global certifications, and the critical performance data you’re looking for to differentiate your products from the competition.
You built your product right. We'll help you prove it.
Photovoltaic (PV) Field Testing
Services Fact Sheet | Photovoltaic Panel & Module
Compliance to IEC 61730
Intertek's PV Services - Designed with You in Mind
We provide expert Electrical Safety Testing and certification for PV modules to the requirements of UL 1703, UL 1741, ULC/ORD-C1703-1, CSA22.2 No 107.1 and many other PV standards including IEC 61215, IEC 61646, IEC 61730-1 and IEC 61730-2. We enable you to perform Design Review Services to help make the certification process clearer.
In North America, Intertek is accredited by the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) as a Nationally Recognized Test Laboratory (NRTL), the California Energy Commission (CEC) and the Standards Council (SCC) of Canada.
For the European Union we are accredited by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) as a Notified Body. In addition, Intertek is a Certification Body (CB) under the IECEE Scheme for testing and certification of photovoltaic products to IEC standards.
Need help or have a question?
- Quick Facts for Solar Thermal Products Fact Sheet
- Building Integrated PV Testing Fact Sheet
- Solar Thermal System Testing Fact Sheet
- Electroluminescence Imaging of PV Modules Fact Sheet
- PV Module Testing, Certification & Declarations Fact Sheet
- Photovoltaic Panel & Module Compliance to IEC 61730
- UN 38.3 and the Transportation of Lithium Batteries: A Webinar Series
- Smart Inverter Communication Protocol: Sunspec CSIP & IEEE 2030.5 Compliance Webinar
- Updated FCC Approval Process Webinar
- Advanced Inverter Evaluation to ANSI/UL 1741 Fact Sheet