European Cosmetics Regulation Services
Total support for compliance with Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009, from R&D of cosmetic products, production, distribution, through to market support.
On the 11th July 2013, the European Union (EU) Cosmetics Directive 76/768/EEC was replaced by Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009 (the “Cosmetic Products Regulation”), which harmonizes and simplifies the cosmetics regulations across the EU member states. The aim of the Regulation is to simplify procedures, streamline terminology and strengthen the regulatory framework for cosmetics with a view to ensuring a high level of protection of human health.
The Regulation states that notification must be provided to the designated competent authority prior to placing a cosmetic product on the European market and a Product Information File (PIF) for each cosmetic product must be maintained and made available upon request. Our experts have a thorough understanding of the regulatory requirements needed to successfully document safety, manufacturing information, and label information to support the marketing of a cosmetic product in Europe.
EU Cosmetics Regulation Services
Intertek’s experts provide cosmetics companies with complete scientific and regulatory support for compliance with Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009 include:
- GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) Certification
- Cosmetics Testing
- Cosmetic Safety Assessments
- Cosmetics Ingredient Profiles
- Product Information Files (PIFs)
- Cosmetic Product Safety Reports (CPSR)
- Part A Cosmetic Product Safety Information
- Part B Cosmetic Product Safety Assessment
- Regulatory Compliance Support
- Regulatory consulting
- Product notifications
- PIF assembly
- Clinical Studies for Claim Substantiation
- Design, placement, and monitoring
- Product Labelling Review and Support
Need help or have a question?
- N. America
- +1 561 989 7294
- +33 2 78 94 01 78
- +852 2173 8888
- +44 (0)116 263 0330