Third party RoHS Certification, providing sound traceability systems and strict enforcement of due diligence policies.
The European Directive on the Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) holds electrical and electronic equipment companies directly responsible for the chemical compliance of their products. This means all products must conform to strict standards, provide extensive compliance documentation, and ensure that electrical and electronic products sold in the EU do not contain lead, cadmium, mercury, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyls (PBBs), and polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs) above the legal threshold. Manufacturers, owners, retailers, and importers alike need to ensure that their products comply in order to be distributed and sold in the EU.
Where can you go to certify your electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) to RoHS?
RoHS Certification Services
Intertek does more than simply help our customers comply, we give them a competitive advantage by partnering with them every step of the way to establish a detailed product file upon application that contains:
- Declarations of Conformity (DoC)
- Test reports
- Materials declarations from the suppliers of materials and/or components
All compliance documents are subject to review and samples are required for RoHS 6-substance verification and testing of homogeneous materials. In addition, manufacturer site audits and surveillance for process management control will be implemented and executed to ensure compliance.
This unique Intertek certification scheme essentially offers:
- A trusted third-party partnership in RoHS self declaration
- Assurance that products and accompanying documentation has been independently reviewed and certified by a competent third party
- Time and cost savings reducing the client’s overall workload
- Reduced risk of being exposed to market surveillance
- An easier way to show compliance to your producers
- An environmentally positive profile to present to end-users and consumers