ISO 22301 – Business Continuity Management
The ISO 22301 standard helps your organization to become better prepared in the face of significant disruptions from external threats.
ISO 22301:2012 was developed as the world’s first international standard for Business Continuity Management (BCM) to help organizations prepare and ensure their business can continue in the face of external threats such as a natural disaster or information security breaches. Ever-growing threats, such as attacks and catastrophic weather events can cause interruption in service delivery, the supply chain, displacement/harm of personnel, or damage to company inventory and property which will ultimately hurt your bottom line.
The adoption of a Business Continuity Management system prepares an organization to display resilience, assuring customers and stakeholders of a continuous operation, even if incidents occur. Receiving ISO 22301 certification demonstrates that an organization has a management plan developed with the right people in place, and determined readiness to respond to a business threatening incident. It is also a way to display to those who rely on your organization that your business continuity plan is up to international standard.
ISO 22301 Overview:
- Specifies requirements to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and continually improve a documented management system to protect against disruptive incidents when they arise.
- Focus on proactively assessing Risks and Opportunities for visualizing threats
- Requirements for ISO 22301 are applicable to all organizations of all sizes in all industries.
How ISO 22301 benefits your organization:
- ISO 22301 helps protect against unforeseen threats such as natural disasters, terrorist threats, IT failures, and more.
- Provides you with the framework to assess your workforce and suppliers and their associated risks
- Reduces downtime in an emergency, allowing your organization to fix the situation against predetermined time-frames as an issue arises.
- Gives you the confidence that you can withstand any threat your organization faces, with drills and desktop exercises.
Choosing Intertek for ISO 22301 Certification
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our goal is to enable your organization to identify and mitigate risks in your operations, supply chains, and business processes. Partner with Intertek for your ISO 22301 certification and gain the confidence that your organization is protected in all events.
Additional Information and Resources on ISO 22301American National Standards Institute (ANSI) - ISO 22301
International Organization for Standardization (ISO) - ISO 22301
Need help or have a question?
- +44 (0) 116 296 1620
- +61 (0) 2 8039 8111
- +46 8 750 03 33
- Asia Pacific
- +86 21 50273066