Thermal Analysis (Allentown Lab)
Expertise in the measurement of thermal properties of materials
Intertek Allentown thermal analysis scientists offer expertise in measuring thermal properties of materials, including polymers, plastics, composites, laminates, adhesives, coatings, pharmaceuticals (non GLP/GMP), organic materials, food, rubber, petroleum, chemicals, and others. Thermal tests for the determination of endotherms, exotherms, phase transitions, weight loss on heating or cooling and dimension changes are also performed.
Thermal analysis lab techniques used by our scientists include:
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC)
- Thermo-gravimetric Analysis (TGA)
- Thermo-gravimetric Analysis – IR (TGA-IR)
- Thermo-mechanical analysis (TMA)
Thermal analysis capabilities include:
- Thermal Phase Changes
- Glass Transition Temperature
- Melting Temperature
- Crystallization Temperature
- Endothermic Effects
- Exothermic Effects
- Coefficient of Thermal Expansion
- Thermal Stability
- Weight Loss Profile
- Onset of Decomposition
- Oxidative Stability Studies
- Filler Content
- Boiling Point by TGA
- Specific Heat Capacity by DSC
We can answer industry specific questions such as:
- What is the glass transition temperature of my polymer?
- What is the melting point of my polymer?
- How much filler is present in my sample?
- At what temperature does my sample decompose?
Need help or have a question?
Knowledge CenterChemicals & Materials Comprehensive Solutions Brochure
Chemical & Material Testing for Sustainability Fact Sheet
Allentown Testing & Analysis Services Overview
Health & Beauty Products fact sheet
Litigation Support Services fact sheet
Lubricant Development and Performance Evaluation fact sheet
REGISTER NOW:Flexible Packaging: Advanced Testing Solutions for Quality and Reliability
Coatings Webinar Series
Analytical Testing for Coatings – Beyond the Standard
Protective Coatings and Films on Metals: From Bridges to Engines
Polymer Webinar Series
Deformulation Strategies for Polymers and Their Raw Materials
Leveraging Analytical Techniques to Understand PE-Based Blends
Integrated Analytical Approaches for Solving Complex Polymer Packaging Problems