Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (Allentown Lab)
Intertek Allentown has many years of experience in developing liquid chromatography mass spectrometry (LCMS) applications for solving a variety of characterization needs and problem resolution. Our LCMS experience covers an array of chemistries including surfactants, amine catalysts, consumer products, competitive product deformulations, polymers, and regulatory compliance.
Our scientists use modern instrumentation to address applications, such as ultra-performance liquid chromatography systems (UPLC) interfaced to our mass spectrometer analyzers (single quadrupole, triple quadrupole, time-of-flight (TOF), and two quadrupole-TOFs (Q-TOF)).
Our LCMS services:
- Customized testing and method development for customer applications
- Routine analyses for confirmation of substance, trace analyses, accurate mass MS and MS/MS characterization of analytes of interest
- Low/trace level quantitation in complex matrices
- Qualitative analysis for product lot to lot variation
- Polymer characterization
- Identification/classification of unknown product contaminants/impurities with accurate mass and MS/MS, and supporting complimentary characterization approaches such as NMR, GC/MS, and IR
- Expertise with deformulation of complex samples including surfactants, soaps, reaction products, inks, polymers, and oils (natural and lubrication)
- Extensive testing experience with cocoamphoteric, quaternary amine, and other surfactants
- Extensive characterization experience in plant process chemistry and addressing plant process chemistry upsets
- Expertise in silicone surfactant deformulations with polyether pendant groups
- Extensive experience in deformulation of epoxy resin and adhesive products
- Quantitation of nonylphenol, octylphenol, and their ethoxylates
- Quantitation of aromatic amines (e.g. MDA) in complex samples at trace levels or higher
- Characterization of fatty acid chain lengths and distributions
- Analysis of food contact migration fluids
Intertek has the expertise and knowledge to help you resolve your most difficult challenges presented by complex products using LCMS applications.