Tensile Testing of Polymers and Composites Materials
Tensile testing of plastics, composites and constituents using ASTM, ISO and other test methods are expertly performed to produce essential data
Intertek provides a wide range of tensile test methods to fit your product and materials applications. Elevated and reduced temperature tensile test procedures are available.
Tensile tests measure the force required to break a plastic sample specimen and the extent to which the specimen stretches or elongates to that breaking point. Such tests produce stress-strain diagrams used to determine tensile modulus. The resulting test data can help specify optimal materials, design parts to withstand application forces, and provide key quality control checks for materials.
Tensile tests for plastics provide:
- Tensile Strength (at yield and at break)
- Tensile Modulus
- Tensile Strain
- Elongation and Percent Elongation at yield
- Elongation and Percent Elongation at break
Intertek provides a wide range of test methods to fit your budget and materials applications. Elevated and reduced temperature tensile test procedures are available.
Tensile Testing Services:
- Plastics Tensile Testing per ASTM D638 and ISO 527
- Tensile Strength of Sandwich Constructions
- Tensile Strength (Open Hole) of Polymer Matrix Composite Laminates Testing
- Tensile Testing of Polymer Matrix Composite Materials
- Tensile Testing of Reinforced Thermosetting Plastics
- Microtensile ASTM D1708
- Tensile Properties (Sheet) ASTM D882
- Tensile Set (Elastomers) ASTM D412
Need help or have a question?