Compression Testing of Polymers, Composites and Elastomers
A compression test determines the behavior of materials under a crushing load. The specimen is compressed and deformation at various loads is recorded. Compressive stress and strain are calculated. The resulting stress-strain diagram provides information on elastic limit, proportional limit, yield point, yield strength and compressive strength.
- Compression of Composites ASTM D3410, ISO 14126
- Combined Loading Compression (CLC) of Composites ASTM D6641
- Compression of Plastics ASTM D695, ISO 604
- Compression of Unidirectional Composites using Sandwich Beam ASTM D5467
- Compression Set of Elastomers ASTM D395, ISO 815
- Hydraulic Composites Compression Fixture (HCCF)
- Compression of Matrix Laminates ASTM D6742
- Open Hole Compression ASTM D6484
- Compressive Strength of Damaged Plates (CAI) ASTM D7137
- Compression of Sandwich Core Materials ASTM C365
- Compression of Rigid Cellular Plastics ASTM D1621, ISO 844
Need help or have a question?