Core Constituent Property Test Methods
Core construction material testing for industry applications in aerospace, automotive, building, energy, and other industries involved in composite materials
Sandwich and core constructions are widely used in applications requiring superior weight to strength ratios.
Our experts produce fast and accurate data for core materials used in a variety of industries and applications such as aerospace and automotive components or wind turbine blades. The data provided by Intertek assists material engineers in material selection in applications across global markets. Intertek provides strength measurements including compression, tensile, shear and flexural data.
Core constituent property tests performed include density, thickness and water absorption.
- Core Flatwise Compression Strength ASTM C365 (strength only)
- Core Compressive Crush Stress ASTM D7336
- Core Shear Strength and Modulus (tension or compression) ASTM C273
- Core Shear Strength and Modulus ASTM C393
- Sandwich Compression Strength ASTM C364
- Sandwich Flexural Stiffness (four point flexure) ASTM D7249
- Facesheet Compressive Strength ASTM D5467
CORE CONSTITUENT PROPERTY:
Need help or have a question?